We are currently looking for Out-of-Hours Veterinary Surgeons to work into several practices Hospital and clinics located in several attractive cities throughout the UK.
The available locations are: Scotland, East Midlands, West Midlands, Boston, Uttoxeter, Coventry, South West, Bristol, Wales, Peterborough, Weston-super-Mare, Northen Ireland, etc.
We are looking for candidates with excellent English communication skills and who always strive to deliver first class care to the clients and who are confident on their abilities and passionate about Veterinary Medicine.
The practice benefits from having state of the art equipment including dedicated operating theatre, ultra sound, in-house laboratory and digital radiographs. The employer also has access to a full endoscopy and laparoscopy unit and a brand new 16 slice CT scanner at our partner surgery all of which improves the services that we can offer to our clients.
The workplace is conveniently located on Eastwood Road which is very close to the high street, which has great public transport and is 10 minutes from the local train station and just off the A127 giving great links to London and Essex. Colleague car parking is also available.
You will be joining a friendly team of 6 vets, 3 RVNs, 3 student nurses, practice manager and reception team and you will see a wide variety of cases.
- EU degree
- EU nationality
- Good level of English
- Ideally started the RCVS registration
- Working experience with small or big animals
- Confidence with all routine surgical and medical cases
- Experience with commonly occurring emergency procedures (C-sections, GDVs, Ex-Laps, Cystectomy, Splenectomy and Pyometra
- 12-hour shifts of 5 nights on and 5 nights off, including bank holidays and weekends.
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the wide & varied case load
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review
- Generous CPD funding of at least 5 days per year plus additional funding for certificates
- 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays rising to 30 days after 2 years’ service
- Annual birthday leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive basic pay starting from £20000 - depending on experience
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary Childcare vouchers
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards - including 20% off at Pets at Home, The Groom Room and the Vet Group as well as discounts on High Street Retailers, Restaurants & Gym Membership